Life of a Simple Soprano

I cannot remember a time when music was not a part of my life. Music is my past, present, and future. It has been there for me through good and bad times. Through tears of love, pain, sorrow, and happiness. Music is my best friend! Music is my destiny!

Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I am a Music teacher for grades Pre-K thru 6. However, my days as a teacher are numbered I personally feel like my destiny is to perform as a classical singer. People are always surprised by my talent because I am not arrogant or snobbish about the amazing gift that God has given me, I am just preparing for my great moment!!!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Disaster!

Last night I was watching a movie named In Her Shoes... I have seen the movie before.. but had forgotten how heart warming it was. The element that seemed to be a special thread in film was the most beautiful poetry. The poem listed below really spoke to my heart.. I have a serious problem of letting things go.. I mean it hurts a little to read this poem...this thing brings on crocodile tears!! I hope you enjoy it!
ONE ART
The art of losing isn't hard to master; so many things seem filled with the intent to be lost that their loss is not disaster. Lose something every day. Accept the fluster of lost door keys, the hour badly spent. The art of losing isn't hard to master. Then practice losing farther, losing faster: places, and names, and where it was you meant to travel. None of these will bring disaster. I lost my mother's watch. And look! my last, or next-to-last, of three loved homes went.The art of losing isn't hard to master. I lost two cities, lovely ones. And, vaster, some realms I owned, two rivers, a continent. I miss them, but it wasn't a disaster.--Even losing you (the joking voice, a gesture I love) I shan't have lied. It's evident the art of losing's not too hard to master though it may look like (Write it!) a disaster.
-Elizabeth Bishop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home