Life of a Simple Soprano

I cannot remember a time when music was not a part of my life. Music is my past, present, and future. It has been there for me through good and bad times. Through tears of love, pain, sorrow, and happiness. Music is my best friend! Music is my destiny!

Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I am a Music teacher for grades Pre-K thru 6. However, my days as a teacher are numbered I personally feel like my destiny is to perform as a classical singer. People are always surprised by my talent because I am not arrogant or snobbish about the amazing gift that God has given me, I am just preparing for my great moment!!!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

80/20

Sorry! I have been incredibly lethargic this week! My visitor is just around the corner. Combine that with the weather change and Seasonal Affective Disorder and this little woman is ready to hibernate!! There have been quite a few days lately when I just wanted to disappear inside myself somewhere. Life, adulthood, responsibility is just too much sometimes. Especially when you feel like a rat on one of those exercise wheels: the wheel is turning.. but you are going nowhere!
Anyway, I went to see Tyler Perry's new movie "Why Did I get Married." It was an excellent movie. I am convinced that every one should go see it. One of the major points in the movie is about 80/20. When you are in a relationship, you can have 80% of your needs or 20%.
Sometimes people will jeopardize 80% for 20% and realize later that they should have stayed with their 80%. I have been thinking about that a lot. I need to stop accepting 20% I deserve so much more! Everyone does. Stop accepting people's sorry ass 20% and allow that 80% to love the hell out of you! (Pardon my French!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home